Skip to main content

FAQ About Sandusky Apartments

FAQ About Sandusky Apartments

Leasing Questions

Do I need an appointment? Do you take walk-ins?

Please get in touch with us at the Sandusky Apartments office to schedule a tour of one of our apartments or townhomes. You may walk in for information and to schedule a tour, however it is always appreciated if you call ahead to make sure we are available to provide adequate time for you to tour and ask questions. Please arrive no later than one hour before closing if you want a tour. Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour one of our communities or rental homes.

Why do your prices have ranges?

Our apartment homes, townhomes, and rental homes are priced individually based on the amenities and features.

What is the application fee, and is it refundable?

Application fees are $40 per person 18 and older occupying the home. You may pay these by credit card, debit card, money order, or cashier’s check. All application fees are nonrefundable, and the amounts are subject to change.

How do I apply?

Under our website's “floor plans” tab, click "Apply Online" to find our Online Application, or you can stop in the office for a paper application during business hours.

Which utilities do I pay?

Some utilities will be paid to the community, and others will be paid directly to the service provider. Since utility policies may vary by the community or rental home, please get in touch with the office directly for more information.

What is the security deposit?

Security deposits will vary depending on qualifying criteria.

When is my rent payment due? What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?

Rent is always due on or before the first of the month. Rent is always due on the first, and a $100 late fee is assessed on the 6th of every month (even on Sundays and holidays).

How can I pay my rent?

You can pay rent by setting up your online account on our website. This allows you to use a bank account (no fee) or credit card (with fee) to make payments.

What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have?

Up to 2 pets, cats or dogs, are allowed. For up-to-date information about our pet policy and any restrictions, visit our pet policy page or contact our office.

Resident Questions

If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease?

Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. A 60-day notice is required before vacating your apartment, and the lease buy-out fee is one and a half times the rent amount. Please ensure you reference your signed lease agreement and confirm policies with your Property Manager, as there could be unique circumstances.

Can I break the lease if I am part of the military and receive deployment or reassignment orders?

Service members can break their lease without penalty in certain circumstances through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Please get in touch with the property manager as soon as possible in this situation. You must provide written notice and a copy of your military orders.

How can I refer a friend?

Please let our office know if you love your apartment or rental home and want to refer a friend! We offer resident referral programs throughout the year and would love for your friends and family to join one of our communities.

If something needs to be repaired in my home, how do I report it?

You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service. You may also submit work orders online if enrolled in our online services.

A person might be staying with me for a while; does the lease permit that?

If someone is temporarily staying with you, please let the office know so we can accommodate parking. If someone is permanently moving in or staying longer than three days, they must fill out an application to be added to your lease agreement.

I will be moving out. What do I need to do?

We require a 60-day written notice, which you are responsible for, before moving out. If you need to move out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days before the lease expires to provide your written notice.

Do you have cable/Internet services?

Yes, Buckeye Cable is the provider that services our apartments.

Is renters’ insurance required?

Yes! We have partnered with a national renter’s insurance provider that offers a policy that meets our minimum requirements. For your convenience, you can enroll online at or by calling 1-800-319-1390. If you enroll with ePremium, they will automatically send us your proof of coverage upon policy activation, so there is nothing further you would need to do. If you elect to obtain coverage from another insurance carrier, you will be required to provide proof of this coverage to the leasing office, and the policy must meet our minimum requirements of $100,000 Liability Coverage and $10,000 Personal Property Coverage.

Can I grill on the property?

Personal grills are not allowed. We do have some communities that provide charcoal grills.

I am locked out of my apartment/garage. What do I do?

If you are locked out during business hours, you can come to the office to be let back in your apartment or garage as long as a valid photo ID is provided/verified.

I have lost my apartment and/or mailbox keys. What do I do?

If you have lost your keys, you may provide a verifiable and valid photo ID to have new keys made at our office during business hours for a small fee.